What are the possible new and recent subjects that could be studied?

E

======= Date Modified 03 01 2009 22:01:20 =======
Are there Universities offering short summer courses in Finance?

S

Cheese. There has been very very little done in the area of cheese auditing and finance - this should be rectified; and I really do think that you're the person to do it.

Good luck (up)

P

======= Date Modified 03 Aug 2009 21:43:37 =======
I have just finished writing 8000 words of crap in around 3 days. Hence, my advise is to ask this qustion to none other than yourself. Please don't ask us why. There maybe some kind soul around who may wish to explain to you the meanings of odd terms like 'personal preferences', 'research', 'thinking' and many similar such, but again, there may be none...

in other words, your question cannot be answered. Sleepy, you are funny :-)

S

Right the OP has actually now changed the question so I appear like a proper nutjob, rather than him/her appearing like the lazy git they are.

P

Quote From ecofin:

======= Date Modified 03 01 2009 22:01:20 =======
Are there Universities offering short summer courses in Finance?

Do you realise why your editing and chopping off the post is highly problematic for an archived discussion space where someone's response now looks hanging in nowehere?

Do you realise that the information you are asking for is our hard earned intellectual property and the foundation of our future careers, which we have worked damned hard for?

If you need to ask this, then you probably don't have the umph to complete. There are no short cuts with a PhD.

Sleepy, you ARE funny!

E

I don't mean giving me your own titles or subjects.
It's just a discussion about new problems not treated yet and not your own subjects.

Anyway sorry, for the misunderstood and for the question.
Regards

P

I was hoping from the subject line that this was going to be another ridiculous request for information, and I gather it must have been before the OP made changes.
So I shall stick with the first thought that came into my head.....

I saw this film recently, and it struck me that there was a very interesting subject that could be studied. Muggle studies. Or perhaps the financial permutations of muggle behaviour?

E

Watch Harry Poter and don't put in

E

Watch Harry Potter and don't put in

Quote from ecofin

I don't mean giving me your own titles or subjects.
It's just a discussion about new problems not treated yet and not your own subjects.

Anyway sorry, for the misunderstood and for the question.

Any new problems which are not treated yet will only have been discovered by us because we have worked hard at our subjects, and they will be the seeds of our future research, after our PhDs are completed. I was not refering to our existing PhD topics.

RE: It is miraculous to me that you think we would have this kind of expertise outside of our own subjects... I mean, even you who has knowledge of a subject, surely???? don't know of any suitable research topics...

Usually PhDs research something which they have discovered and which they feel passionately about - that's what keeps them at it (that or the money they get from research projects which are already set up), so you'll have to start reading and thinking, the way we all did.

E

Thank you Eska for the clarification. I'm thankful to you

I

Oh sleepyhead. I am afraid that www.emeraldinsight.com already provides a very insightful journal to accounting, auditing and finance of (danish) cheese.
May I suggest for future 'cheese' related posts you specifiy a specific cheese variety, in order to make the path towards a cheese-based PhD as 'research-free' as possible?

P

I'm concerned you meant 'butt in', rather than 'put in', but I wouldn't want to point it out in case it made you feel stupid.....
Oh dear, I can't seem to stop myself.

E

Dear Doctor,

I won't have to put up with your nonsense anymore.

No one ever repented of having held his tongue
Better be silent than speak ill
When wealth is lost nothing is lost, when health is lost something is lost, but when character is lost everything is lost

No comment