What book should I read next?

D

Just finished Sebastian Faulks "Birdsong". It was wicked. But now depressed and need a new book. Suggestions welcome (other than Dan Brown Da Vinci Code)

T

Tiger Who Came to Tea

P

Tricky - The Tiger who came to tea is an AWESOME book.
Have you read the giant jam sandwich?

G

Would definately recommend The Secret History as well. Also anything by Douglas Coupland or Haruki Murakami

D

Thanks for the suggestions guys. Taking a trip to Waterstones tomorrow. Like the sound of the tiger book, havent heard of the giant jam sandwich one but it sounds cool

T

Nope I havent read that one! The Very Hungry Caterpillar is another one of my personal faves :oP

S

I read the Alex Cross novels by James Patterson. These are good, and there are plenty of them too.

The first ones are 'Along came a spider' and 'Kiss the girls', both of which are now films. The books are miles better than the films

P

check out
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0395442370/102-5746065-7664119?v=glance&n=283155

P

Dan B if you fancy something a little more mature I really recommend Kazuo Ishiguro. We once were orphans is my favorite.

"Death and the Penguin" by Andrey Kurkow. Easy to read but not cheezy or cheap, very interesting. If you like that, you can read the author's follow up book called "Penguin Lost".

T

I suggest 'The Very Hungry Caterpillar' by Eric Carle

D

The Very Hungry Caterpillar has to be the best book of all time, but unfortunately I have already read it.

Thanks everyone, gonna print out the page and take it with me to Waterstones

A

Life of Pi by Yann Martel (another tiger book!!)

W

Watching the English

D

I quite liked curious incident of dog in nighttime. Life of Pi was quite good too.
have actually bought a new book now - All Quiet on the Western Front. Its v good but disturbing