What do you think of my thesis topic?

J

======= Date Modified 20 40 2010 02:40:39 =======
Topic is an impact of equity of health care system on organizational culture, organizational comittment, and organizational effectiveness.

Well, I am changing my thesis topic again due to career change. I am now working for health care and my job is to conduct research on equity of health care. Meanwhile, I am a Phd student in Management. I don't want to waste too much time. Thus I mix both fields together.

However, I am wondering whether the topic is approachable? Any suggestion. Please help me and thanks always :)

W

The topic is approachable and could be very interesting, but I think you'll need to narrow down exactly what you're going to be looking at in terms of the equity of health care. Are you going to be looking at any specific health care system? How exactly are you going to define equity in health care? How are you going to measure or evaluate it? Then you need to look at your methodology and the methods. I think there's really good potential to maybe look at using a mixed methodological approach here. Triangulation or complementarity perhaps. I'm going off on one now, but you could look at what service users and managers have to say at what they perceive to inequities qualitatively and then quantitatively look at measuring the inequities in health care and then do an integrated analysis and discussion. Hmm..anyway, you'll soon be an expert. Get hold of reviews of this vast area and look at what has been done. Good luck with your PhD.