What makes a Conclusion chapter perfect? (Humanities)

I need to do some changes on my Conclusions as well as some other parts of the thesis (post viva corrections) and I find it hard to let go what I already have. Is there a perfect Conclusion chapter you've read in a thesis that you could recommend? And what are the conditions and/or elements that form a good Conclusions chapter in your opinion?

Thank you...

D

Quote From 404:

Is there a perfect Conclusion chapter you've read in a thesis that you could recommend?
Thank you...

It doesn't exist! You've passed your viva and just need to complete the corrections. Be confident in your abilities as you've come this far, relax and go with what feel right for you and it probably will be as close to perfect as you'll get. Don't try so hard but accept it will never be perfect and things should move from there.

C

======= Date Modified 20 Jul 2011 15:54:50 =======
Hi 404, I didn't have my viva yet (still waiting!), so I should probably wait and see what the examiners think of my own conclusion.

However, I think that in your final chapter you should remind the reader your research questions, and provide answers to these questions on the basis of what your finding are, and on what you have discussed in your chapters. It is important that you stress here the extent/ importance of your contribution to the subject (e.g. did you develop a new theory? did you find new archival material?), and possibly suggest ideas for future research in the field.

This is what I did, I will let you know how it goes...

How you write it is matter of your own personal style, and I suppose that your examiners have given you some guidelines on what they want you to cover/ highlight. Your internal should be able to clarify any possible grey area.