What music are you listening to whilst you write?

L

I find having music on in the background whilst I write, to be very helpful. It really helps to keep myself motivated to sit at my desk and work.

So I wanted to ask what music are you currently listening to, and what particular songs help to keep you motivated?

I have certain playlists for different writing "moods"
Sometimes I like listening to slow songs, other times when I really need to get going, I listen to faster songs.

At the moment I am listening to 'viva la vida' by coldplay.

----
What songs do you listen to when you write?

J

I need absolute silence to work: although I understand I'm in a minority. I like listening to the birds, though, or even the sound of the rain.

S

Brit Wards 2007 album is a fave right now.

B

I like Classic FM because I don't have to think and essentially, someone chooses good classical music for me. Can't listen to anything with words though, or I start writing them down by mistake!

P

Thanks for reminding me. I was going to put some music on but forgot. At the moment I have been listening to Celtic chill-out stuff. But when my neighbours put on their thump thump repetitive 'music' I have to put on Rammstein, Epica or Lacuna Coil very loudly.

S

none. it distracts me. rain is good.

T

morrissey, acoustic rock mostly although the cult have been known to sneak in there too...