what to do next

C

Hiya, im just about to finish a degree in 'pharmaceutical and forensic analysis' in Ireland. I'd like to do a masters next but am unsure which to undertake since im quite limited with my choices because of my degree topic. Any ideas?

G

An MBA is an option.

L

You degree is very specific but could translate into not only a postgraduate science degree but also one in the social sciences. I know of a few students in my department (Social sciences) that come from science backgrounds and are using those backgrounds to inform and add new discourse to social fields like international development, sociology and cultural studies. Another good resource for postgraduate programmes and life, check out www.postgrad.com. Good luck with the search!

J

I'm a Chemist and about to go back to uni to do Masters. For your degree I'd try and get a masters / PhD that focuses on the pharma or bio side. I'm not 100% sure about the state of forensics graduates in Ireland but in the UK there are far more graduates with forensics degrees than there are jobs.

Good luck with the hunt for a masters and with your exams.