What to expect after re-submission??

C

Dear all,

I had my viva last year and was asked to re-submit my work again within 12 months :-( I felt and still feel bad about that since I never thought that my work is that bad :(.

Now, I have submitted my work early June and until this moment I have heard nothing from the examiners. I don’t know how much longer should I wait, and what to expect.

I am worried, tired, and feeling that I am under pressure.

My superv. told me that I should wait, the Registry told me that the examiners were in contact to say that they are unlikely to give their feedback before September.

I am also worried that I might fail :( I don’t want to be given a lower degree, I worked really hard on my thesis... I don’t want an MPhil or a Master degree.... my superv. is saying that my work is good, and that it is a matter of luck now ( luck with the external examiner).

What do you think, what are the chances to give a PhD student a lower degree? Could anyone advice me please, I cannot keep holding on anymore...

Now 3 months and 4 days had passed since I've submitted my work again and received a confirmation that my thesis had been received by the examiners.

I don’t want to lose balance L

K

Hey! Sounds like a horrible position to be stuck in. Ultimately, none of us can predict whether your thesis will pass or not but if you have responded to all their comments and spent a whole year on it then why shouldn't you? I had a friend given a resubmission for his PhD and it was completely unexpected- his supervisors couldn't believe it, and no-one else could, especially as his dad is a big prof in the same field! He was gutted but he resubmitted and he has now passed and graduated! So stories like these do have happy endings. Fingers crossed for you, KB