What when ur Phd is piled under Boss's presentaion

P

hi all, my boss... literally keeps me busy all the time in making his report, his presenations, his ...this and his that.... wht should i do, i dont get time to do my research in all these,,....i dont hv results in my hands after working for so many months even....and i just cant deny any of this, He is the boss...! at the end he matters..........1wht you guys say?

A

I say your frequent use of abbreviations is completely ridiculous-grow up girl

P

and wht i think is... u got to learn this.....Fresher in research or what?.....start practising from today..boy!!!!

M

are you mental?

M

T

I think this thread is lacking love.. How about a bit of love Preeti?

M

I don't understand

H

I don't understand writing words without the vowels, what's that all about? I've noticed it is highly related to indian students....do they think it is normal or something?

M

I don't know about that H, but if it is, I can't imagine Indian Countdown is very interesting.

"I'll have a consonant please Carol. And another. And another. Another please. Five more please."

T

Maybe they have to select vowels but then get points deducted if they use them

M

Or maybe they speak a distant version of welsh...

P

Being a phd student i feel all of us come across similar kind of problems and i thought this forum & studnets around here can help me out with their suggestions. It was my mistake to think that way. I did not post this topic to get insulted or give a chance to anyone here to insult my people. Pls dont post anything here. Thanks for writing and best of luck to u all for ur research. have great day!

A

Take our advice concerning abbreviations on board-it might help you a lot in the future.

And don't pretend to be offended: honest advice can hurt

H

Your people??? You mean people that result to writing in text speak? (or removing all the vowels)

As someone of Indian-origin, I have noticed that a lot of students from India do write like this and simply commented on it.

I hardly think it was insulting. You are insulting yourself by writing like that anyway. How hard is it to keep the vowels in your words?