What will a Masters do for me?

S

I have a 2:1 in Acting and a fun creative job as a freelance Drama/Singing teacher but I want to do something that pays better.
I've been looking at doing a Masters in either English Literature or Theatre Studies at Utrecht Uni in The Netherlands (as it's so much cheaper than here!)
BUT: what realistic job opportunities will this throw up for me? I'm very aware that the majority of well paid jobs are in the Science/Engineering sectors, not the arts (which is unfortunately all I'm any good at!)
I have a real passion for literature and still want to feel creatively and intellectually challenged. HELP!

E

Teaching? Plus having preforming arts and english means that you have other subjects rather than just one!

D

Personally, I would recommend a management masters.  OK, its nothing like what you already have but that's the point. With a business masters you can stay in the same industry (which you enjoy) but take a more senior and business focussed role.

Business degrees are intellectually challenging and often have aspects of people management and psychology (not just
hard skills).

A good example would be a Masters in Management from Ashridge, its online and all the assignments are based on your current employer, this would mean you would be benefiting your employer immediately and proving you deserve that raise!

http://www.ashridge.org.uk/Website/Content.nsf/wDEG/MSc+in+Management?opendocument