When did you hear about viva date?

P

How long after people submitted did you hear when your viva was and were you contacted by letter or e-mail?

I didn't have as submission date, I only had a viva date, so basically I was told that my viva was in 5 months, so you'd better submit in 2 :p

I think its usually about 3-6 months after, the sooner the better IMO!

B

I found out 4 weeks after I submitted and 3 weeks before my viva date. So quite short notice. I found out by email, after I'd emailed the convenor about something else and he replied to tell me the date.

B

Quote From sneaks:

I think its usually about 3-6 months after, the sooner the better IMO!

Some universities expect vivas to happen more quickly, per their policies. Mine, for example, expected them to take place within 2 months if I remember correctly. And mine did.

A

I found out about four weeks after I submitted and the viva itself was another six weeks from that. The chair contacted me by email.

S

I found out 5 months after submission via email. You may be able to speak to your sup for unofficial updates...

P

Thanks, everyone. There seems to be quite a disparity in timings - 5 months is a lot Skig!
I've checked the policy for my uni and you should have the viva between 8 and 12 weeks from submission with no less than 10 days notice.
I feel I should start doing something now but am so relieved to have some free time for a change so will wait a little while before going back to it.