Where to mention publications in thesis?

S

Hi all,

It's been a long time since I posted on here, but I'm now finally in the final stretch of my PhD (submitting next month - eek!!) and so I have a question for you all!

Does anyone have any idea where I should mention publications/conference papers/posters in my thesis? My university has no specific guidelines on it, my sup isn't sure, and the couple of example theses I have looked at from my uni had it in different places so I can't decide! Should it go near the front, i.e. before my Intro chapter, or at the end? I'm worried that if I put it at the end, it won't get noticed, and as the paper I had published is basically identical to one of my chapters, I want to make sure my examiners see that it has been published!

Thanks in advance ,-)

K

======= Date Modified 17 Jan 2012 17:13:50 =======
Hey Smoobles! I put mine at the end of my introduction section. I had my lit review etc, then research questions and the structure of my thesis, and then a section for publications and conference presentations at the end of the chapter. Probably doesn't really matter, but I think if they see what's been published it might alleviate any minor concerns they might otherwise have had about anything you've done/written. I know my examiners disagreed completely with the approach I took in one chapter (the type of qualitative analysis I used), but because it had already been peer-reviewed and published they didn't make me change anything! I also wrote at the end of the published chapters; 'a version of this chapter has been published in XYX journal' with the full reference underneath...just in case they hadn't already got the message! Best, KB

S

Quote From keenbean:

======= Date Modified 17 Jan 2012 17:13:50 =======
I also wrote at the end of the published chapters; 'a version of this chapter has been published in XYX journal' with the full reference underneath...just in case they hadn't already got the message! Best, KB

Oooh, I hadn't thought of doing that! Will definitely be pinching this idea ;-)

And I will definitely put it somewhere near the front so that it doesn't get missed.

Thanks for your help!