Worrying for no reason?

M

Hi all

I've been reading the forums for some time but finally decided to register.

I'm in my 9th month of my PhD and have come from working full time for 5 years. I decided I no longer wanted to do my job and had never really enjoyed it, I always enjoyed learning and researching, so I managed to secure some funding.

I've always been a worrying person and have many anxiety problems and I just can't stop worrying now. Despite the fact my supervisor tells me I'm doing perfectly fine I still feel like I never do enough. I've read so many stories where supervisors have said their students are doing fine only for them to fail.

I was just wondering if others feel like this and how they take their mind off this worrying?

I tend to get into the office at 6am and stay until around 4pm but with a 2 hour break for gym and food. So I'm working around 7-8 hours a day, and then I do planning and organising at home in the evenings and weekends.

I desperately feel like I need to take time off, with the exception of public holidays I've only had 1 day off in 9 months. Though I know I'll feel guilty for doing it

Any advice/experiences would be appreciated.