write up fees-Non EU students?

S

Are there any international(non EU) PhD students? What was the write up fees like? What about registering as a continuing students but paying less fees during write up stage? How did the visa work out for this write up thesis time? so many questions nobody seems to know exactly what or how for non EU international students?

V

Ask you university because it may vary by university. In my you do not pay any fees after the third year, indepdenetly from your fees paying status (i.e. U, EU or Overseas).. But it could be different in your university.

T

hi sheena, i am an international student myself. at my university the write up fees for the year is the same for everyone, home/international. the home office does extend student visas for PhD students doing write ups for a whole year. after the write up year if you havent finished at my university you will have register paying the full fee. i think it differs with universities and if you look at the home office website you will find infor ref- write ups. are you studying in the uk? well i am assuming u are!

T

by the way the write up fees is usually very low.

N

In my uni there's a continuation fee for EU/Home students and International students alike. It's about 300 pounds, but better ask your uni.

S

Thanks guys! really helpful I know I can count on the forum more than the uni sometimes, as they answer questions at their own time. Just needed to know the facts from "people in the know". I was getting worried specially about how long they would extend the visa, if its one year then thats a relief. I had a look at the homeoffice website but they dont say for how long the write up extension is for.