Writing Review Paper

C

Hello all,

I was curious to know whether anyone currently doing or finished a PhD had written a review paper on the area of their research. I understand that generally there is the opportunity to create one from your lit review.

Anyway, currently a group of us working, I guess, on an interdisciplined project towards creating a review paper in our area of research, with each of us contributing in someway, generally on our PhD topic areas.

I just wanted to know how others felt when/if they wrote one, what did it take, what they felt they should/shouldn't have done etc. At the moment i've been reading,... lots :) generally because the section i'am writing is very new to me and the piece i have produced seems to be a general barrage of summarised papers (on design optimisation techniques).

Just seems to be a giant mess of paraphrased summaries loosely linked together. I feel i have around 80%+ of the general background work in the area I'am looking at but feel slightly overwhelmed in how i can structure it into something coherant.

Anyone else find a similar problem? Did it work out eventually?

Regards Wolfe