:) yay, I got a sx month doctoral fellowship

C

I applied for a six month fellowship (funds to complete my PhD at a prestigious German research institute) several months ago and got an acceptance email this weekend - I got it! I'm so excited and nervous!

I would totally encourage other people to apply to posts even if they think they'll never get it. I kept tellling people that I would never get it! :p:-)

R

Well done!!! That is some good advice actually, there are a few jobs recently that I haven't applied for because of thinking that I wouldn't get them - maybe I should have!

M

Well done! That will be lots of fun.

(up)

W

Chrisrolinski, das ist gute Nachricht. Vergessen Sie nicht, uns alle auf Ihrem aktualisiert Forschung nutzen, an der renommierten Institut, wenn Sie starten!

C

Vielen Dank, absolut. Ich beginne im September um zwei Monate der Vorbereitung! Einschließlich Deutsch lernen!

C

Quote From rosy:

Well done!!! That is some good advice actually, there are a few jobs recently that I haven't applied for because of thinking that I wouldn't get them - maybe I should have!

Yeah, send those applications in, someone has to get the jobs and it may as well be you! :-)

C

Congrats! That's brilliant! Well done.

I got a library fellowship thing recently that's pretty prestigious and I totally wasn't expecting that either but, as you say, someone has to get them. You have to be in these things to win them!

M

Congrats! You're right that people shouldn't be put off applying for posts/funds just because competition's tough... if I'd paid too much attention to all the "Funding? For an arts PhD? HAHAHAHAHAHA!" you hear, I'd be back in some office job now instead of looking forward to my doctorate.

S

thats wonderful!!! congratulations :-)

S

Well done8-)