yay publication proposal!!!!

C

After weeks of waiting and checking my worldtime clock to see what the editor of the journal in the US could possible be doing - I have had my paper accepted for a special edition of a journal related to my research. I am on cloud 9 and need this because I have my panel soon and feel really shitty about a lot of my thesis. The journal article isn't to be published for about a year though! :-0

T

Congratualtions 8-)

P

Well done, that's brilliant! I've heard horror stories about 2-3 year queues in one of the journals in my field...but anyway 'forthcoming' doesn't stop it from looking good on your CV!

R

Great news, and very good timing if you feel crap about your work at the moment. And in a special edition of the journal too, as opposed to the ordinary editions the rest of us publish in :p

C

Heh. Thanks. I meant 'special' in the sense of a particular edition dedicated to one topic. :$

A

This happened to me too! Last monday. So exciting!!!

Mine had an online tracking thing. I checked it literally 10 times a day for the 3 months it took to get accepted. I'm such a loser. Is my first paper though...

Take care

A

R

Quote From chrisrolinski:

Heh. Thanks. I meant 'special' in the sense of a particular edition dedicated to one topic. :$

I knew what you meant :-) I just think it seems good being in a special edition, as it emphasises the idea that you and the other contributors are significant new researchers in that field right now. Seems to draw attention to your work in a specific area even more pointedly than an article in an normal edition. I suppose I was thinking about my subject really, and the way people seem to rank publications in themed editions of certain journals as being weightier and more important papers than others, or how they look on cv's, but maybe that's just in my area.

R

Well done,

this must be a moral booster: if it get published you work must, contrary to how you feel about it, very good!

Well done!:-)

H

Great news!!Congratulations (up)

L

wow congratulations, that is super news!! you should definately reward yourself for that accomplishment! great stuff(up)

C

Thanks.

Rewards will wait until I've handed in my chapter in late september and I get paid. Until then a strong cup of tea and peanut butter on toast will do me!Heh.