you know its not Monday anymore when!!!

O

you are getting a new computer!!! Hooray, hooray!!!!! Maybe it will no longer take 5 minutes for the thing to boot, and it won't freeze and stutter when loading or downloading! Hooray!!! Hooray!!!!

S

Congratulations!

However, my husband got me a new pc for Xmas and the new windows vista system was incompatible with all my software and it took about a month to upgrade, patch and sort it all out. had to get a new printer too, then that broke down, now just got yet another printer. perhaps he should consult me before getting this kind of surprise present.

May your hardware will bring you nothing but joy...

S

I stuck with windows XP because of these problems, when I got a new desktop recently, but upgraded to MS office 2007 well worth it - its a lot easier to use once you get used to it (and that doesn't take too much)

S

Oh and a laser printer that automatically prints on both sides - completely essential when writing up ;)

O

The new computer is now installed--at the uni, not at home, where there is no internet access--and it is soooooooo much better, it is faster, my email ( touch wood) seems to work, it plays songs and videos that the other system could not!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Its like a brand new world!