Yum Yum Tinned Goods.

G

Tinned 'chick pea asda dahl' for lunch, mircowaved - I really must go to tesco.

L

They do fab noodles for 8p!!!

I

Try making your own, Grey - it's ever so easy to do!

http://www.ivu.org/recipes/indian-beans/

or

http://www.astray.com/recipes/?show=Chholar%20dal

I do big saucepans of curry - they always taste better on the second day, plus you can freeze some and reheat on a day when you haven't got time to cook! (Gosh - I sound so smug)

G

Haha insomniac, I may give that a go! I'm pleased to say you two, that I've now been shopping - "have you got a clubcard?" - what has become of my bank holiday weekend?!!

G

8p or 80p? I wasn't aware you could buy much these days for 8p.

G

I've seen yoghurts in Asda for 7 or 8p also!!!

L

Yep, 8p!!!!!!!
They come in 3 flavours - chicken, bacon or curry - but I'd stear clear of the latter if I were u!

C

In Chinatown (Manchester) you can get a box of 30 packets of Ramen Noodles for £3.00

Ramen is my lifeblood.

G

Chrisrolinski...I love Chinatown, though I often find the fruit and veg. somewhat more expensive there! All this talk of food is making me hungry (again).

C

They do great Mangoes in Chinatown though. But yeah, very expensive!

I

The bakery there is amazing - just try to resist!

F

Why not make a nice big pan of stew? It lasts for days, and tastes better than any supermarket ready-crap does. The making it gives a break from work (though not too long), and helps rejuvenate the soul. To accompany my stew I use lumps of home-made bread made with Lidl ready to bake packs - dead easy and tasting authentic. If you're studying you need proper food. Too much crap, too many take-aways doe shave an effect, believe me. I find the easiest way to wean myself off crap is to read the ingredients label. Sausages with 45% meat - no, ta. Mechanically recovered chicken? . Umpteen additives... you get the drift.

G

My partner makes the best Irish stew with fresh soda bread. I will get him on the case!! I'm in stress-mode at the moment but did manage to get out of the house today for a nice burrito in a place nearby. Fresh brain food at last!