Contacting Phd Supervisor

M

Hi all,

I need someone to help me out!!
I did my masters this year and was unsure to pursue PhD, but decided its good to get in touch with potential supervisors, so i contacted many out of which two replied back.

One of them attached details of his projects which are suitable for PhD application and to contact him again for further discussion after reading published papers regarding the project .

I loved one of the topics coz it was something i wanted to do when i ever decided to do a phd.
But i got caught up in confusion, other commitments and didn't revert back immediately.

when i was sure i want to apply i contacted him (after a month), it took time reading all publication and reference he told me to read!. This time i attached my CV for consideration and told him which topic i was interested in, but i clearly didn't tell him for further details.Its been 15 day now he has not replied back. And as per his first email he wants a proposal.
With deadlines in end of November, it leaves me with less time and i want to hurry writing proposal i know how much time they take and research involved.

So my question is shall i sent him a reminder? how to being one i don't want to sound pushy and how to nicely ask him for further details? (i don't expect any one to write it for me, but give me some pointers)

I appreciate all the help!!
Thank you

I

No problem with sending him a polite reminder asking him whether he did in fact receive the previous email and that you are looking forward to working on this topic as it has appealed to you over the course of your reading. Here is a suggestion:

Dear Dr or Prof X,

I hope you're doing well. I sent you an email xxxx days ago to follow-up on my acute interest in the topic (xxxxxx). I expect to apply for the PhD programme before the deadline accordingly, and was wondering if you had received that email along with the attachments? I am currently in the process of writing a proposal as per your kind instructions, and look forward to working on this topic in greater detail and in a more rigorous academic capacity. Your kind and prompt response would be profoundly appreciated, and I thank you once again for being in touch with me.

Best regards.

M

Thanks, Incognito

I will definitely sent him a reminder. And will update on what happens :)