How long should I wait after PhD interview until I get a responce?

W

I had an interview almost 2 weeks ago in Leeds. I was told that I would hear back the following week, but its now been two weeks. I am aware that this obviously means that I have not been a successful applicant as I am sure that I would have heard something by now. All I want is some clarification that I didn't get it. I have 2 more interviews coming up over the next few weeks, but the lack of response from my first interview is eating at me. Is this normal in the PhD world? (Biological science). How long has other people waited? Or is it normal that if you are unsuccessful you do not hear back from them? Thank you in advance for comments.

E

I'd suggest chase them up. No harm in dropping an email asking for their feedback. Even if you weren't successful you need to know for sure so you can get closure and focus on the others. Good luck!

T

People often hear back within a few days, and in the case of success, often within a few hours.

I agree, drop them an email.

S

Just as a different perspective, my offer took almost 3 weeks to come in post interview. I would echo the above though and say drop them a polite e-mail.

U

Don't wait. Just continue going about your life and looking for jobs. Who knows, maybe you will find something better in the meantime and you can tell them to get stuffed when they eventually reply after ten weeks.

W

I am still waiting for a response unfortunately. I do have one other question to ask in reference to etiquette though, hope you guys can shed some light on this. Today I have been offered an interview for the PhD I was praying to get, but I have another interview before this and still waiting for a response from Leeds. In the event that I get offered a PhD in one of the other positions before the interview for the PhD I really really want, do i still accept the position? can I tell them that I have other interviews and would like to wait for the outcome of them first? or would it be best to just accept and then decline later on if I get the PhD that I was praying for? What would be the best way to go about this? I know this may sound complicated but I'd rather have a clear mind about what may happen in this scenario. Thank you for your previous responces :)

T