I am biggest idiot ever , is there hope I will be still contacted by the university?

D

I need to get this of my chest otherwise I am going to explode and I want to hear your opinion on this and whether someone was still accepted for a phd after a bunch of silly mistakes

I have just sent my application (9 hours ago) for a position that I really want . They were asking for an English certificate , but my English language assessment test is scheduled for next week and the deadline for the application is today. So I asked them in the Mail if it is possible to hand it in afterwards. I already felt bad for having to ask them that. Until I found out that I have forgotten to attach my CV. Panic..

So I wrote a second Mail , telling them I was so excited about sending my application that I was not aware that my CV was not included .. so I just attached only the CV. I was about to hide under a rock until I realized not only did a make mistakes in my mails but in my cover letter

In the mail :
1. addressed to the person without Mr.
2.i am looking forward for .. instead of I am looking forward to
In the cover letter:
1.please free... instead of please feel free

So I have the feeling I am the biggest idiot ever ..

T

I wouldn't worry about it. IF English isn't your native language these are very small things that will be overlooked if they want to interview you based on your experience and suitability. This won't matter, but do check more carefully before pressing send next time! Good luck.

T

Yes, it's OK - don't worry about it : ) I think that your enthusiasm will show and overshadow this! Good luck!

B

Put this way your grammer is better than mine and I native taught. Which would explain a lot.

T

Haha blocksof! What are you saying about our educational system here in the UK? ; )

D

I really think that they regarded them as really minor mistakes as I got a date for an interview. Thank you guys for your really nice replies , they really helped me stay positive

T

Congrats and all the best Daminu!

T

Well done! Good to see you were worrying over nothing :P