Offer Letter

Y

Hello All,

Few days I did a PhD interview, the Doctor who interviewed me told me that I am interested in your research proposal and he wants me. After the interview finished he told me I will email the admission team that I want this student, he even told me the next intake will be in July, so it means that I am accepted.

My problem is that until today I did not receive the offer letter which is making me worried, because I have no proofs between my hand that I am 100% accepted.

Does anybody knows how many days I should wait to receive the offer letter?

I have done the interview on the 17th of April 2018.
The University is Salford.

I hope you can help me guys.

Thank you in advance.

Hi Yandex,

Offers can take a while to go through the bureaucracy, I would give it at least two weeks.

I had about 3 weeks between being confirmed verbally and actually getting an official offer via email. They will have to do a lot of bureaucratic stuff like check eligible for the bursary, check references (if they are), check if you actually achieved the actual grades, put all of the above onto the IT system before having someone review over it all. Each step could also be done by different people also dragging it out, so don't be worried.

If the supervisor wanst you, there is a very good chance you will get it an official offer but some things can't be rushed. Though I don't know University is Salford procedures so there could be more to it.

Hope that helps and congrats on passing that interview!

T

Hi there

Yes, I wouldn't worry yet. But you can always ring the admin team and annoy them (and hopefully get a bit of peace of mind that it is on its way or an idea of how long it is likely to take).

Congratulations!

C

Quote From Tudor_Queen:

But you can always ring the admin team and annoy them (and hopefully get a bit of peace of mind that it is on its way or an idea of how long it is likely to take).

I did my undergrad at Salford Uni (albeit a while ago now!) the admin of my faculty were lovely so I'm sure they won't mind giving you an idea of timescales. It's only been a week since your interview, these things can to take a while.

Y

Thank you so much guys.

I have contacted the Admission Team and they told me that they need few weeks to the an offer letter, because my application needs to be signed and approved by 3 different people in the school and the admission, so I need to have more patience and wait.

Again thank you :)

T

Yay! Relieves some of the pressure doesn't it? Now go and enjoy yourself for 3 weeks : )