PhD interview

B

Hello

I have applied for a PhD at a UK university and have now been invited to an interview.

Can I ask, please, for any ideas as to what questions may be asked? I know it is never possible to determine exactly what questions will be asked of me, but are there any 'base' questions that are likely to be asked?

Many thanks!

Some I was asked were: Why have you chosen to/what led you to apply for this PhD? Can you explain your research experience? Do you have experience of recruiting participants and, if so, how did you go about it? For the PhD you have applied for, what methods do you envisage using? How will you keep youself motivated and on track? Tell us about your undergraduate research project.

C

To answer the question better it would be good to know which field of study you'll be going into...

N

I was asked WHY I want to do a PhD and then we talked about my research proposal. The interviewers wanted to know exactly how I want to answer my research question, how exactly I want to measure the data, how an answer could look like, what the limitations are, and so on.

S

hi newtophd, how did you find the interview experience? I'm sure you managed well!
Share the outcome with us?

best wishes,
love satchi