phd interview

M

hi guys, I applied for a phd in biomedical science and got an interview in the next few days. They told me the interview will take 40 mins, 10 mins I have to give presentation about my experiance and how it will help this phd. My only experience is my Msc project which is a bit related to the phd subject. Any sugesstion on how the presentation should look like (eg , the sections I need to include ??, do I need to explain my dissertion and the work I did in it and explain how each step I did can contribute ?? ). if any of you have experience in this kind of interview can you please help as I am really confused. Also, do you know what possible is going to happen in the last 30 min and if there is a certain questions might come. Thanks

I didn't do a presentation on my experience but on my draft proposal. However you could focus on transferable skills you gained from the Msc and how you did things instead of what you did.

They also love it when you explain when things went wrong and how you solved that problem.

C

Questions likely to come - 1. Why do you want to do this PhD? 2. Where do you see yourself in 5 years?/Why academia 3. Tell me about the most recent article you have read. 4. How do you organise your time? ...

Presentation. Slide 1 - Who are you background, skillset and a strong statement that you are good candidate because .. (background in microbiology/whatever) - max a minute here

7 minutes - focus of the main findings of your project, dont underestimate intro

last slide - apart from the these technical skills I can also bring - 1. I am a fast and independent learner - because I did this and that, I am problem solver because I did this and that....etc.

Good luck