Shall I apply for this uni.

I

I have studied my masters in a university but had dispute with them that I sent to OIA (for unis in UK). I had several issues in my thesis evaluation and supervision. However, the OIA replied that my complaint is not justified. The issue closed since then.
Now, there is a new professor in my X-Dept. which I find his research interests/publication match mine.
I am hesitating because of the previous issue with the dept. specially that the people that I complained against are still there including my supervisor/dept. head. I feel I will not be comfortable in terms of the research group as a whole, but this professor is the right one (professionally, as I have no clue about his personality). The university is high ranking one. Honestly, although I am totally convinced that my previous complaint was justified, I regret that I did it as I feel it damaged my relationship with the department.
If you are in my shoes, will you apply there in that uni. and research group again? Does universities admission accept applicants who made complaints against them? Do you think it is Ok or better to forget about this uni. and look for other options?

H

I would not give them the satisfaction of being allowed to reject you.

S

hi ieee2
welcome to the Forum :-)
If it were me, I would not apply to this university
I would look somewhere else and move on.

love satchi

S

Dear ieee2,

No. Though I guess the litmus test as to whether hard feelings are being harboured, would be if you applied to them, would they take you on? But as happyclappy said, don't give them the satisfaction of being able to reject you.

I'm intrigued about why you'd want to do your PhD [presumed, as you didn't specify] there anyway? You complained about them so were unhappy with them. A new head of department alone isn't going to change that.

Move onto pastures-new. It's healthier anyway.

I

Thanks for your responses folks. The university ranking is very high & worldwidly recognized. Because of this advantage I'm thinking of it but with another supervisor this time. I thought I might be exaggerating on my feelings of not thinking of them again because of this issue. That's why I wanted to hear from someone else.
The other thing is that, as a Phd. student, my relationship is mainly concerned with the supervisor.

J

probably why I am getting so many rejections from a uni I had to lodge a formal complaint to, even though a different department!

H

I agree with those who say move on. If you stayed (and that is if they were willing to have you back) there is a likelihood this will affect your time in the department, particularly if you complained about the head of department who is still there. How do you know that further issues won't arise in the future?

It's unfortunate, and you may feel it unfair, but I that's how it goes sometimes and I do think you'd be best off starting afresh somewhere new.