Waiting for my PhD interview results

R

Dear friends,

Last Friday I had a PhD interview for a position that matched with my research interests. My interview went pretty well (45 mins long) I was asked a few technical questions to which I replied to the best of my capability. The interviewer even appreciated me for my good answers to the technical questions. At the end of the interview, he asked me when I could start working if selected and also Informed me that the results would be declared in a week's time,

During the interview, They said that there were still a couple of candidates left to interview after me in the upcoming days.

I must say this wait is pure agony. I really hope that I can get this PhD position as I'm deeply interested in the subject and feel that It can be a great start to my academic research career.

It's Thursday today and still I have not received any reply. I hope I'm still in contention for this position.

Best regards

T

Any news?

M

I remember this agony! I was told I would hear that evening, but in actual fact did not receive an email notifying I was successful until a week later. I'd checked the emails on my phone every five minutes for that week following the interview. Good luck.

T

Quote From m_heneghan:
I remember this agony! I was told I would hear that evening, but in actual fact did not receive an email notifying I was successful until a week later. I'd checked the emails on my phone every five minutes for that week following the interview. Good luck.

Lol. I had been in that similar situation countless times during the search for Ph.D post. Now, having just completed my PhD, I am now back in the same situation - #PostdocSearch

T

Quote From TheEngineer:

Lol. I had been in that similar situation countless times during the search for Ph.D post. Now, having just completed my PhD, I am now back in the same situation - #PostdocSearch

Aaargh!