Finding a PhD

A

I have completed all the required online courses for the PhD degree in Business Administration with the concentration in Project Management from an accredited university in the US. My concept paper was not approved, and I have been dismissed from the university. My GPA is 3.93. I have earned a BSc. in Civil Engineering. Also, I have a Master of Science degree in project management with GPA of 3.91. I am wondering if I could find any other university to continue my PhD study. The required university should accept transferring my credits from the previous university. Any advice will be much appreciated.

T

Contact unis you are interested in and ask them. I do wonder about the validity of online PhDs though.

A

Thanks TreeofLife. I will try to contact unis. For the time being, the online PhDs are every where.

T

Quote From antary:
Thanks TreeofLife. I will try to contact unis. For the time being, the online PhDs are every where.

They might be everywhere, but I imagine most lack credibility. A PhD is a research degree where you should be embedded in a research group so you can become a member of a scientific community. This is difficult to achieve sat behind a computer.

P

I think with a Bsc and a Masters you should be able to pitch an idea and get a PhD placement, however in the UK GPA isnt a thing and also you need to be in a university/institute to do a PhD. This is cause of the need for monitoring, additional roles like TA, regular work with supervisors and teams, plus the use of equipment such as labs/ rooms to do your research in.