Looking for a Marxist/left-leaning PhD Program

K

Dear forum members,

I'm looking for a three- or four-year PhD program that is constructed in a cleary left-leaning manner and embedded in a corresponding academic environment. It would be great if one of you might be able to helping me out with some advice!

Just a few words about myself:
I am a current Political Economy (MA) Student at King's College London. Before, I studied History and Political Science in Germany. I learned how we are related to (and determined by) the past and dealt with political structures and frameworks. My - still very idealistic - aim is, to contribute to transforming the world into a more democratic and socially fair place. Therefore, I'm forced to gain a basis for developing proposals how to alter our political systems and how to connect the world's civil societies in the fight against modern capitalist imperialism. More and more, I noticed the enormous weight of economic impacts and felt, that I have to widen my horizon. So, I'm studying the greatly interdisciplinary PE program at the moment.

I am very interested in "Critical PE" and the "Economy of Revolutions" as well as in concepts of "Social Change" and in "Theories of the State" (again, interrelating with Critical PE ;) ).

Thank you very much in advance!
Kerouac

T

I've found most academics to be quite left leaning...

K

In the UK a PhD program is whatever you make it. If you're looking for 'left-leaning' then see if your favourite academic will supervise you. Give them your left leaning proposal and they will tell you if it's interesting...you will have your answer. Maybe avoid Oxford and Cambridge.