Need an urgent help....

A

Hey All,

I am currently an international Human Rights Law Master student in Finland. I am originally from Iran and Have good resume for example, worked as a first class attorney in law for a few years, L.L.B GPA 4, IELTS 8, and few outstanding national academic awards, 2 accepted papers and etc.
I feel I am totally on the wrong way by choosing IHRL field as I have no interest and see no future for myself in this major. My interest is in Commercial, Contractual and E-Commerce Law. I feel so frustrated and out of wisdom these days.
Nowadays, I am astonishing what shall I do, apply for other Master in the last cited ones or directly for the PhD???

I would be so thankful if any of you could give me a piece of advice in this regard. I need your opinion and help.

Regards,

D

You are asking for opinion to a very unclear question.

A

Hi,

Thanks for reply, but may I ask which part is unclear?!

D

Your whole post just isn't very clear. If you can ask your question in a single sentence, it would help.

Hi Aimcatcher,

I am going to paraphrase what I think you are asking. This might help clarify things so that others can respond to your post.

You are a qualified lawyer from Iran with a high GPA of 4 (Distinction+ average). You have received some awards when you were studying and have already published 2 papers in peer reviewed journals.

You applied to study a Masters in International Human Rights (and you are doing this in Finland). However, since beginning this Masters, you have discovered you really are not interested in Human Rights as a postgraduate field of interest and you are much more passionate about commercial, contract and E-commerce law. (I imagine the last is to do with law that governs business transactions on the internet or similar?)

What you are asking is:

1 Should you quit your current Masters and apply for a Masters in one of the areas you are interested in-I:e commercial law, contracts or Ecommerce law.

2 Should you quit your current Masters but rather than applying for another Masters level course-apply instead directly for a PhD?

(My personal response is-it might depend on how much you have completed of your current Masters, and whether your financial situation has any bearing on your decision making.)

If it were me-I would try to convert my Masters from the Human Rights specialty into a commerce or contracts specialty, and gain some academic credit, for what I could on the original Masters. I probably would not go straight into a PhD, in this situation but would try to complete a Masters-but one in an area that I valued and enjoyed.

I actually did do this with my own Masters-swapping from a Masters in Special Education into a Master of Education(Research). Once I had completed this second qualification, I then chose a topic that I knew would sustain me in my PhD.

Good luck-and I hope I have summarised your situation correctly.