2nd reserve for PhD funding


Hi folks, desperate for some advice, guidance and any words of support :(

I’d been accepted to my dream PhD program months ago, but just found out that i’ve been placed as 2nd reserve on the waitlist for the full scholarship I’d needed to attend the program. The candidate who was offered the scholarship has also accepted.

What do you think the chances are of this funding working out? Should I even bother hoping or just defer my PhD altogether?

I’m in utter despair.... any advice would be super appreciated.

Avatar for rewt

Honestly, it is hard to say. Do you know how many PhD places were offered? If there are several you might have a chance but you could email your potential supervisor for better advice.