Awaiting Reply after Interview

M

Dear all,

I have applied for a studentship in the UK, i have conducted the interview last Friday, and they told me the would reply by next week. It has been a week by today, and I still haven't heard from them. Im frozen in front of my Laptop, refreshing and waiting!
Would they send an e-mail for both successful and unsuccessful candidates? Should I try to contact them?
Im currently in the nail-biting stage. What to do? PLEASE help!

Thanks,
Moula

C

I think it depends if you have been in email contact with them already.  I was in email contact with my supervisor before my interview as I asked for reading materials etc. So after the interview I'd emailed him to say thank you for interviewing me and he got back to me about a week after the interview to say I'd been picked but they were waiting for funding decisions which could take weeks.  Officially he shouldn't have told me anything in which case I would have had to wait almost a month which was when I got the official University email!

But if they said a week maybe wait until Monday to email them as then it'll be over a week!  They will email you either way though!

Hope that makes some sense!

M

Thank you Caro!
Well, I contacted the Supervisor once, and that was before applying, to ask if I am eligible. And I did not send him a thank-you email, I did not want it to be understood as a desperate call.
I am going to follow your advise, and perhaps send an e-mail by Monday, as they precisely said: We have few candidates to interview, and some paper-work to do, and we'll get back to you next week.

Any tips of how to distract myself from feeling anxious? :)
Thanks again!

Moula

C

I'd say go meet friends for coffee/dinner/drinks etc I always find listening to other people talk about their lives distracts me from my problems! I'm not sure if you're working/studying at the moment but doing some work is always a good distraction. Or if all else fails read a book or just watch cheesy tv or films!

hope you're not kept waiting too long!

Caro

M

Thank you Caro!

I distracted myself in the afternoon, and I still haven't heard from them... So it will probably be until Monday. I will try to stay busy in the weekend. Thanks again!!!! Will keep u posted :)

Moula