Funding oppurtunities for Ph. D. in India

V

I am a Hospitality and tourism Management graduate with quite a good acedimic record. I am currently studying previous year of Masters of Tourism Management from Indra Gandhi National Open University, India. I wish to start the research while I am doing MTM to make the base for doing Ph.D after completion of master's program. The subject I want to choose is "Regional culture of India-In perception with liquor consumption among urban citizens". I want to know is there any possibility of getting scholarship or sponsership to fund my research.

F

Funding for International Students is pretty competitive over in the UK. You are probably best off contacting a few professors at UK universities who have similar research interests to you, and asking whether they would potentially be interested in supervising a project that you would like to do. You can also ask whether there is any funding available. Good luck!

V

thanx for da advice friendlyface.

P

Hey!!!!
Do u want to do a PhD in UK or India??? If u want to do a PhD in UK getting funding for ur chose of subject would be rather difficult for a non British citizen.If u want to do the PhD in India u can ask a lot of the alcohol companies to fund u... U will have to write to them personally, it will take a bit of time but one of them is sure to fund u....Y not ask Mallaya for funding ur PhD??:-) Cheers!!!!