Funding-PhD in Information Security

A

Hello,
Please I need help from all of you. I am looking for funding to do my PhD in Information Security with Plymouth university in UK. I am very deoriented and do not know what to do. I believe the university will turn down my application because there is no funding for that. And this is the university that I want to be and do my PhD in security because of the wide spectrum of knowledge and skills in security of some professors at the Network Research Group.

A

Hello everyone.
I did not get any reply for my posting. I am starting believe that having a funding for a PhD is the toughest thing that I never tought that way. I am getting more and more discourage.
Can anyone give me some ideas? I guess I have to believe the impossible and go back to Mali.

Please, please I need some answers.

G

You've checked all the usual sources [links on here]?

A

Thank you for your consideration.
I am not sure. Do you mind send me some links and wys to follow? I will appreciate that.

G
A

Thank you very much for the link.

Does anybody know how to get scholarships with the University of Kent in UK if you have been through. I believe that I might be classified as an International student. I will appreciate you help.

A

http://www.kent.ac.uk/studying/funding/postgraduate/
link to postgraduate funding at Kent

A

Thank you very much Annie.
Yes, I have already been to that link.

G

What do you mean 'how to get scholarships with the University of Kent'?

I would have thought you apply through the normal channels, and they give or don't give you one after deliberation.

A

Thank you GolfPro. I got you now.

A

Hello,
Can anyone can clarify this following toughts for for me:
I have applied in some universities in UK and they all did not tell me if I have been accepted or no. I found out out the way I am aggressively looking for scholarships makes my application dropped done.I thing the scholarships are not a condition sinequanun for an admission eventhough you need scholarships to pay your tuitions and fees. I am flying by my own to find an university where I can do my PhD. But it seemed that I have to look for scholarships before applying for admission.
Is anyone can help me find out about the trucs for PhD admission. I am confused and the universities that I have applied are not helping me in my matters.

I will appreciate your feedback.

N

Amaiga, are you only just 'Malienne'? No other nationality?

If not I don't believe you will be eligible for funding in the 'classical' way - or perhaps you could just get money for your fees. You'd better look, indeed, for University-funding. The thing is, they will not 'create' a scholarship for you, so you probably have to wait until a University somewhere in the UK offers a scholarship (open to all applicants) in your specific area. You can check on findaphd.com or jobs.ac.uk. But it could take ages before anything suitable is offered

Well, I really hope what I have just written is all wrong. Is there not a service at the University of Kent which could advise you on that point? I would start there if I were you.

Good luck!