Looking for PhD funding!

M

Hi
I m an international student in UK from Pakistan looking for funding for PhD Applied Poultry Sciences. If someone will guide me in this respect then I will be very grateful to him.
Regards,

B

The best person to ask is your academic supervisor at your university. Funding through research councils is usually carried out through the university, either the university has scholarships given to them by the research council which they distribute to students directly, or the university applies on your behalf to an open competition. Either way you'd have to talk with a supervisor in your university though. Alternatively you can look for advertised phd's at other universities which you can apply directly for (I don't know how this works in applied poultry sciences I'm afraid as I'm a politics student). Maybe someone studying a similar subject can help you further.

N

Hi Bunk_Medal
Thanx for ur suggestion.
But u know these councils just only provide funding to home students or EU students. I tried a lot but failed.
Do u know can students send their research proposal directly to British Council or not?
Anyhow, a problem in getitng higher studies.
Dont know wot to do...........?

S

Naeem, you write that you are "in the UK". how long have you been in the UK already?
you see, you are not quite correct about the research councils. for them, nationality is only secondary. if you have been "normally resident" in the UK for three years, (and have "indeterminate leave to remain", that is, have "settled status"), then you are eligible for research council funding, no matter what your nationality is. so i'd suggest you make sure you know exactly if you are eligible or not.
other funding might be available from the scheveningen foundation, and from specific university departments, and from your home country. most universities have lists of potential funders, and you should also check out http://www.educationuk.org/scholarships/
it's your education. it's you who needs to do the research!
good luck!

N

Hi Shani
I been here since Nov-2004 on a student status.
I think to qualify for this funding u have to be on other status not as a student.
Anyhow i will look the site which u gave me.
Regards,