Where to find more money for finishing phd students?


As the title suggests, I am at the end of my 3rd year on an MRC phd, with my funding ending in September 2009. I would like to find 3-6 months more money to get me through the last bit of research I need to do to finish phd. Supervisor has no money spare to pay my stipend.

Anyone got any ideas where I can look? Are there UK grants available for this situation>


hello! if you happen to be a woman based at a UK university then google British Federation of Women Graduates - they offer help for students in their writing-up year. apologies if you're not a woman and this is totally unhelpful;)


I'm not a woman, no! Maybe I can sue them for discrimination...