Close Home Forum Sign up / Log in

Is it me, or have you noticed...

Yeah, Jinkim I usually avoid Liverpool City centre on Friday nights and Saturdays, for all those reasons you mentioned. I just had t go there for some reason the other week. I had heard talk of the roller wearing ladies, but actually seeing it is quite an experience.

I have a problem with these jeggings/jeans tucked in boots type fashions. I always feel too scared to go with it when they first appear. in the case of leggings/jeggings I think that tbh anyone over a size 6 looks like a complete idiot. but then I get a surge of confidence and by then, these items are so 'fashionable' that I know if I did give in and buy some then by the next day it would be totally out of fashion, although I think 'fashion' is defined by 'something that is not worn by sneaks' and unfashionable is defined as 'worn by sneaks'. :-(

E

The leggings fashion is weird. it wasn't so bad when people used to wear a short skirt or long tunic/jumper over them, but now they don't even bother doing that. It just looks like you're wearing tights but forgot to put your skirt on when you got dressed. That's the sort of thing I have anxiety dreams about doing...

the worst thing is that I think the leggings fashion is the first time I have experienced fashion coming around again - which means I am old. When i was about 9 i distinctly remember leggings being very fashionable, with pixie boots and people wore big t-shirts with a belt around the waist, sound familiar??

Is it me or have you noticed that all your friends who graduated at the same time as you are on huge salaries and you are facing a minimum wage job down the local supermarket when your funding runs out?

N

I have come onto this post late...unfortunately I wear leggings quite a lot as I like to wear dresses most of the time and they dress them down so I don't look overdressed. I wear jeans to the stables so like to wear nicer things away from there. I stick to black and other dark colours though so I don't look too young or undergraduate-style, can't stand the new fashion for printed leggings. And I don't wear things that are too short with them, although I think you can get away with a shorter hemline when wearing leggings than tights. I don't like jeggings at all though, they are a fashion crime. As are harem trousers/jeans...they actually don't look good on anyone, in my opinion.

Loads of the UG girls wear pyjamas on campus, their halls are there so they can just get up 10 mins before a lecture and go. My uni is in a famous party town so its the norm to see them staggering around at 2pm as if its the middle of the night...I had a good time as a 1st year UG but would never have left my flat in my PJs, I don't know how anyone can do that. At my uni there seems to be an emerging fashion to wear large earphones, normally retro-looking, around your neck. I think they like to look cultured and musically inspired but they look ridiculous, I don't even walk around with an Ipod....I am a grumpy old lady it seems.

C

Is it me or have you noticed that all your friends who graduated at the same time as you are on huge salaries and you are facing a minimum wage job down the local supermarket when your funding runs out?

Yes, and they seem bemused that there isn't a professional salaried job awaiting me. Sigh.

======= Date Modified 20 Mar 2010 12:50:54 =======
I'd like to break the mold here and say that if I were 20 years younger, had the size 8 figure for it, and the ummppphhhhh I owuld be prancing about in gold disco leggins no problem - especially on a dancefoor on a saturday nght. I quiute like the fancy, crazy patterned leggin look ala Rod Stewart; he has always been a cultural hero of mine, ever since I was 3 year old and often sang 'if you want my money, and you think I'm sexy' with a broom handle as a mike stand for the amusement of my family.

However, as it is, I do, like Natassia, wear black leggins under skirts and dresses. maybe I could get away with gold ones under an all black outfit? Perhaps, perhaps...

S

hi everyone I just cried my eyes out watching this
( last day on the iplayer )
http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00rjrwz:-(
sniffy satchi