Close Home Forum Sign up / Log in

Let's have a forum meet: Episode II

O

ALMOST?!

What if we went to see Sheffield Wednesday twice and bought the PGF team scarves and warm socks!? ( or would you prefer flatcaps and wellies?)
Then do I get another star?

T

Don't forget the whippet...

O

That's a lot of work for one star. All that AND a whippet? If I throw in a whippet, I think its worth double stars. Or a round of doubles at the bar. ( rum. Pirate drink).

O

Well, I wouldn't literally THROW the whippet.

T

To get true yorkshire stereotype bonus points I think you'd need to go the extra mile and get a ferret in on the action

C

Has to be London, it's easiest to get to from everywhere else

A

Bless you all. I can't remember the last time I saw a whippet. Its a myth!

T

Quote From tricky:

To get true yorkshire stereotype bonus points I think you'd need to go the extra mile and get a ferret in on the action

I was sitting in a park in London on Friday, and a guy with a bowler hat was walking his ferret on a lead. All these Italian tourists were going mad...

T

Quote From adam:

Bless you all. I can't remember the last time I saw a whippet. Its a myth!

I agree it is a myth.. I don't think I have ever known anyone in Yorkshire who actually had a whippet.

S

Olivia, you forgot (might not know) one other thing that Sheffield is famous for... If we meet in Sheffield with the Admins do the Full Monty???
(Possibly at Sheffield Wednesday on a Wednesday, in a flat cap (you can keep your hat on), holding a whippet and a ferret, eating a Yorkshire Pudding (with Sheffield Steel cutlery), listening to the Human League/ABC/Pulp/the Long Blondes/Arctic Monkeys/Joe Cocker/Moloko/Def Leppard/Reverend and the Makers/the Longpigs/the Clash (not from Sheffield, but played their first ever gig there), having a chat with Michael Palin/Gordon Banks/Sean Bean/Helen Sharman/Seb Coe about how great it is that Sheffield is two-thirds green space and has more trees per head of population than any other city in Europe.)

Boooooooo London.

T

Quote From thecoastman:

I was sitting in a park in London on Friday, and a guy with a bowler hat was walking his ferret on a lead. All these Italian tourists were going mad...

Thats cool.. I used to have a ferret when I was a kid, I had a lead for her but she didn't like it.. they make great pets but do smell!

R

There was a ferret in The Bill a few weeks ago and apparently that was smelly, but loveable.

ah now I understand. I thought you were talking about laughing gas :$

A

Quote From sleepyhead:

Olivia, you forgot (might not know) one other thing that Sheffield is famous for... If we meet in Sheffield with the Admins do the Full Monty???

(Possibly at Sheffield Wednesday on a Wednesday, in a flat cap (you can keep your hat on), holding a whippet and a ferret, eating a Yorkshire Pudding (with Sheffield Steel cutlery), listening to the Human League/ABC/Pulp/the Long Blondes/Arctic Monkeys/Joe Cocker/Moloko/Def Leppard/Reverend and the Makers/the Longpigs/the Clash (not from Sheffield, but played their first ever gig there), having a chat with Michael Palin/Gordon Banks/Sean Bean/Helen Sharman/Seb Coe about how great it is that Sheffield is two-thirds green space and has more trees per head of population than any other city in Europe.)

Boooooooo London.

Are you from around here too or have you just been on Wikapedia?

T

Either that, or Sleepyhead is an urban geographer...