Loving my master's so far . . .

M

Hey Guys

This is my maiden post on the current master's as opposed to prospective master's forum - a major milestone lol!

Well my title is pretty self explanatory I hope everybody else starting is also enjoying it so far. It's very early days I know, but after spending four years in the working world, I truly feel I am back where I belong and just wanted to share my joy with you guys :)

On the downside I'm part-time so I still have to go to work at the end of each week but on a positive note I get to spend two years on my master's instead of one! I wish everyone success and if everybody else out there is loving it as much as me I think we should all use our enthusiasm productively and get studying asap!

B

Glad to see you're enjoying it. Good luck with the rest of the course.

I completed a part-time Masters some years ago. In my course there was very little difference between part-timers and full-timers, except that full-timers completed their dissertation intensively over the summer months, whereas part-timers had up to a year to finish. That suited me very well, and I enjoyed the course enormously. Hope you enjoy yours as much.

B

stop bragging

H

Quote From Bretn:

stop bragging

Who is bragging? What's wrong with someone posting good news? Did you register just to say that?

R

I don't think being part-time and having to work as well is a real downside, because if work's vile then it's a constant reminder of how much you appreciate doing your MA. Or if your MA occasionally has bad patches, then you can immerse yourself in work so you're doing well in that, so there is always something going well for you, MA or work. Or sometimes both!! Hope you continue to enjoy it anyway! :-)

B

Good luck dude ... keep the boat afloat!

B

Congrats on starting your Masters! I'm set to start my MA, but I don't register until next week, so all I'm doing is enjoying the free time I have ready for when all hell breaks lose next week! Good luck with everything :)

S

Its great to see enjoyment in this - its good - the Masters was a great, if intense time :-) Best of luck and enjoy it :-)

P

Hi friend
Happy to see you excited with joining of your masters. Well i am new here...i am done vit my bachelors(BTech in biotech) and got admission into full time masters at my University:-). Desperately waiting for the classes to start.

But some of my friends say that i have chosen a wrong path and they suggest me to clear the CSIR NET exam and directly apply for the Phd.:-(. I am happy that i got masters at the university campus but on other side i feel guilty thinking that am i wasting 1 year time...

P

Hi friend
Happy to see you excited with joining of your masters. Well i am new here...i am done vit my bachelors(BTech in biotech) and got admission into full time masters at my University:-). Desperately waiting for the classes to start.

But some of my friends say that i have chosen a wrong path and they suggest me to clear the CSIR NET exam and directly apply for the Phd.:-(. I am happy that i got masters at the university campus but on other side i feel guilty thinking that am i wasting 1 year time...

P

======= Date Modified 19 Oct 2009 12:58:23 =======
Hello M_heneghan,

Just thought I would add my good wishes to your thread, as I thought it was a nice thing for you to put up there! I have just started an MA in Education (PT) and am enjoying the classes so far. The part-time aspect works really well for me, as it fits in around work and homelife.

Cheers