Which bank for CDL?

N

Hi,

just had my career development loan application forms arrive in the post, after having waited quite a while for them, so not going to waste any more time and get them sent off this weekend.

Does anyone know if either barclays or co-op will process the app faster? As the rates are the same for this year it is the only factor in my choice, unless anyone knows any reason why one may be better than the other.

Cheers

N

I have the forms as well and am in the process of completing them, just waiting for my official confirmation of a place on the course. I don't know which will process the application quicker, but I was going to go with Barclays as I went for a little meeting there recently and they have a good graduate account, not too sure about the Co-op.

However after looking at the form in more detail I'm not too convinced that they will pay out for a MSc course, they seem to be more geared towards vocational courses like plumbing or whatever - am I right? My course doesn't even have a reference number and its purely academic so I don't think I have a chance, I think I'll just go for it anyway though, its worth a try. How can you find out whether your course is eligible?

M

Hey Natassia, I just asked the same thing on another thread but no responses. It's seems a bit vague, I dunno what they would classify as vocational. You're also doing psychology/cognitive neuroscience or something like that right? Have you heard of anyone before getting a CDL for that type of masters?

Sorry Newdecade, I don't know which one will process it quicker, I'm trying the co-op first though (no particular reason why).

N

As i understand all masters level courses are eligible in the UK, although I'm not certain regarding MRes courses.

Also i have heard on another forum that both banks should only take 3-4 weeks, BUT if your institution is not on the learning & skills council register it could take much longer, even well beyond the start date of the course. Forewarned is forearmed, so i'm mentioning this here in case it proves useful to anyone reading this thread.

C

I took out a CDL in 2005 from the Royal Bank of Scotland, and will finish paying it off this November. They were very quick and helpful and processing the application and whenever I have needed to ring them for customer service it has always been faultless. (and an excuse to hear a range of pleasant scottish accents) :-)