£112 million - what would you do?

W

Quote From sneaks:

oooh tonights the night. Please please please let me win! I seriously need the cash! and I'll give everyone on PGF at least £10 (well the people I recognise, not the LSBF posters)

Only £10, Sneaks? I know that's better than a kick in the teeth, but the interest on £112 x 10E6 would be in the tens of thousands a month. It'd be just ace have that kind of money. Given my frugal lifestyle, I wouldn't spend even half the interest. In fact, what would I do with all that money...[dream sequence]...?

1) I'd rent a bungalow - no more stairs for this weary PhD student!
2) Of course, I'd need a new car...but what kind? Hmm, Fiat 500! Second hand though, because they hold their value really well.
3) I need some new shoes - I'd be able to get Clark's one's with that kind of money. 100% leather uppers!
4) Buy an electric razor - I'm sick of wet shaving.
5) Get a newspaper subscription! Not the Times though - they've put up a paywall that's put a stop to some of my procrastination.
6) As well as getting a jumper, I'd get some new pants as well. Oh, and I'd chuck some socks (100% cotton - no more polyester for this man of means!) in the shopping basket as well - because I can.

Such a shame that dreams are just that. Ah well, back to the real world and my PhD. Drat!

here they come, all the begging letters :p Ok i'd give more than £10. Maybe I'd run a competition and see who was the best procrastinator

C

I'm very very good at procrastination.

But you can keep the £10 as it is I who shall be winning that jackpot tonight :p

S

Quote From catalinbond:

I'm very very good at procrastination.

But you can keep the £10 as it is I who shall be winning that jackpot tonight :p

:-) :-) :-) oh I should have bought a ticket
love satchi

you probably still can Satchi - you can do it online! (although if you've got gambling tendencies, then don't! I have spent probably £100s this year on online instants :$)

http://www.national-lottery.co.uk

C

Satchi...are you my long lonst twin?!

Think you can buy tickets up until 7.30 but could be wrong on that one.

and yes I've wasted lots of money on scratch cards (once won a tenner) and lottery tickets (once won £120). Paid out way more than I've ever won!

J

Quote From sneaks:

here they come, all the begging letters :p Ok i'd give more than £10. Maybe I'd run a competition and see who was the best procrastinator

When there is any referecen to winning the lottery and begging letters my husband always says "I'll carry on writing them!"

J

I just checked my account and there was £3.50 in it so I bought an extra ticket for tonight. I love the online account thing as they tell you if you have won by e-mail and there is the wonderful feeling when you get the e-mail saying there is exciting news about your ticket but before you log in and see you won a tenner

J

So did anyone win? Apparently there is a single winner in the Uk who has won just over £113M - sadly it wasn't me.

rubbish, it wasn't me, and I was kind of banking on it too. Now I'm going to have to get a job!

D

I knew I should have bought a ticket ...

S

Woo! I won the lottery!

Okay, I got £17.20 and have probably spent far more on the lottery than that, but it's nice to win something nonetheless.

Maybe I'll buy a jumper with it...

U

I haven't read the whole thread, but has anyone suggested starting a pg-forum syndicate?

D

That's a great idea Ubu - clearly you're an Entrepreneur!!! I'm surprised it hasn't been suggested before!! We'd all do well from the £112 milliom jackpot and it's going to a good cause! :p

K

Wouldn't know what to do with all that. I would see all my close friends and relatives alright, keep a few million for myself and give the rest away to charity. I would never want to have a huge amount of money, all I would want is a decent house with a basement containing a nice drum kit, instruments and amps