Donut introduces herself :) Hello

D

just to ask - is there anyone studying a phd in london :( feel quite lonely over here! x x

D

coastman, is it chemistry,mathmatics or geography?
What do i get if im right x

T

Sorry, it's Particle Physics and Gravitational Waves (get it...coast...waves...)

B

Hey Donut, I'm at UCL, where are you?

P

Coastman - you are a misleading so-and-so. I am sure you told us once you had been away protecting the coasts. But you are really a physics geek!

I was the only girl in my physics class in my final year of high school - all those boys were so geeky. Funny, caring guys, but so nerdy! They used to stare at me during class like I was a different species.

If it is okay with you, I will keep imagining you as the hot surfie-beachie type instead.

T

Oh dear, sorry I really am a proper coastal type, the gravitational waves was a bad attempt at something resembling humour...

F

Wouldn't surprise me if lots jumped ship from archaeology to geo, its a sinking ship (even more thn the titanic). I was always based at Drumond st, close to cafe lucano (good for vegan cake)! if you see a newish lecturer, greek, who has likes insects, she was fomerly archaeology!

I am basically doing climate change in Roman times (that is as simple as I can make it sound without boring folks with excess details)!

P

Oops. Didn't get your joke, Coastman. Sorry.

T

Don't worry, not many (if any!) people do get them.

In fact, I'm not often sure that I get them sometimes, hence they are so bad...

D

OOo my god sowwy i didnt realise there was a next page button, i thought nobody had replied :S (daft donut)!!!
Coast man i do get it :) the wavess hehe well i guessed wrong then.
Bobby nice to meet u im at Londonmet, what are u studying?

F

Yep I was at Edin when they did it, the bwstards. The fact the didn't tell anyone they were doing it, and when they chucked stuff out was stupid! The archaeology dept will remerge with classics soon, its been on the cards for ages, will be a sad end to a once great department.

B

I'm doing a PhD in Cognitive Neuroscience. All good fun...do you live in Central London?

D

Hi bobby, no dont live in central london but always down there, how about u ? :)

B

Yeah I;m afraid I do, among the noise and the madness!

F

Ellay, the arch folks only knew as someone who had a foor in both geo & arch told us...even the secretary didn't know!

Cognitive neuroscience Bobby, I think I know someone who did their PhD in a similar area.