Donut introduces herself :) Hello

B

Hey Fifi, coolio, did they do in in Lahn-don?

F

Yes she did, it was a distant friend's sister. I'm going to be in central london for 2 one week short courses, any suggestions on what to do in the evning or places for lunch? I haven't been to London for over 22 years!

B

Blimey, there's a wealth of places! We all tend to head out around Russel Square area for lunch. Tonnes of little Italian cafes that do really good food and coffee which doesn't cost the earth!

Evening, food-wise I would go for Thai, there's a great Thai place on Museum St (Thai Garden or something) or there's another amazing Thai place between Gower St and Goodge St tube. Or there's a few cheap n cheerful places down Charlotte St. Of course, you may not be looking for cheap n cheerful, but it pays to in London in my experience! However, having said that, never, NEVER buy the hotdogs from street vendors. My partner did (he was drunk, but it still serves him right...) and he was in bed with food poisoning for 4days. It was horrendous. The first thing the pharmasist said to me when I asked her advice was, "was it a hotdog by any chance?!" You have been warned!

B

Going out-wise, totally depends what you're into. Soho's always buzzing, as is Camden, but can both be a bit of a nightmare at the weekends. ULU's always good for cheap(ish, this is by London standards) drinks.

B

Jesus, my typing is getting worse and worse...please noone comment on my awful spelling

F

Cheers Bobby . I know Lon is expensive, I remember a can of coke being 60p 22 years ago, and that was outragous! I have a bro who lives and works outside Lon, but by the time I comutted in, I would of been quicker staying where I live and coming in everyday!

H

I've never paid 60p for a can of coke in London before :-o

D

i remember when cokes were 35-40p :-/ seriously!
fifi china town is good for a quick big portion meal i always end up at wonk kei's hehe then go for a drink in the pub next door thats near leicester square btw :) have fun in landan x