How to get an RA position?

M

Following my RA jobs post yesterday, I'm really concerned about whether I will have a shot with RA experience at all and would really appreciate advice/personal experiences of undertaking an RA role. I recently graduated, got a first in my degree, won an award by Royal Society of Biology for highest mark, and only got a month's experience (so far) with a professor at a top-ranked University.

I'm planning to continue this in Jan/Feb time voluntarily whilst I continue to apply but I'm so afraid of whether I even am fit to compete at this point. I study the job specs and can always almost do 90-95% of it but I am so afraid of the competition being so fierce that I may not get interviews. Any experience of people with BSc degrees getting into roles and such? Also would like to say, my masters got delayed with no fault to my own so that is also in my plans but I'd rather at this point really get the experience knowing how hard it is to get a job and how difficult it'll continue to be after masters/phd.