'I am bored' thread

R

I used to like the X Files too, though the conspiracy theories got too much for me towards the end. Always thought Mulder's wife's name was a bit strange in real life though, being named after a beverage - Tea with an acute accent, to distinguish it from the common British cuppa. Maybe it had another more profound meaning that passed me by...

L

Quote From rubyw:

I used to like the X Files too, though the conspiracy theories got too much for me towards the end. Always thought Mulder's wife's name was a bit strange in real life though, being named after a beverage - Tea with an acute accent, to distinguish it from the common British cuppa. Maybe it had another more profound meaning that passed me by...

LOL Ruby, never thought about his wife's name like that. hahahahha that was funny! I REALLY wanted to see the new xfiles movie, but alas the "THING" (aka thesis) got in the way! grrrrrr
:-s

L

this thread is disguising itself as a "i am procrastinating".....

next time you log on and post a message, add a little line of what you *should* be going.

i'll go first. i *should* be sorting out my computer files, but instead i am watching scrubs in the background and obviously writing this message! okay now i feel guilty, i better sort out my files!

R

Quote From Lara:

lol so it is!! Like the accountability one is turning into the 'just pop in for a chat and tell us what you might be doing, even if it's the same as yesterday and has very little academic relevance at all' thread. I like it though. It keeps me very busy :-)

I'm not bored, but I'm too embarrassed to list all the different non-academic things I've been doing all day. My, how time flies...:$

L

Quote From rubyw:

Quote From Lara:

lol so it is!! Like the accountability one is turning into the 'just pop in for a chat and tell us what you might be doing, even if it's the same as yesterday and has very little academic relevance at all' thread. I like it though. It keeps me very busy :-)

I'm not bored, but I'm too embarrassed to list all the different non-academic things I've been doing all day. My, how time flies...:$

LOL Ruby, you REALLY do make me laugh out loud literally!!! that is SO true about the accountability thread!! haha i just love it when there's a new message to read when i log in. love your description of the accountability thread evolution.

i also have not done anything academic. i have been sorting out my dvds (tv shows/films) and tidying up my study room, still a long way to go! just had dinner, going to relax and watch an episode of HOUSE and then get back to tidying up.

L

i am bored bored bored of my thesis!! ahhh so want to just chuck it all in. and i am very hungry also! i am trying to diet to lose all the thesis weight i have put on. but trying to diet and correct/proof read my thesis is NOT a good combination. i'm so hungry. so going to ruin my diet of 1 day lol. and have some breakfast/lunch. have a craving for fried egg and toast.
i think i will try to have regular meals but healthy choices. i will forgo the warrior diet for now.

so i think after i submit my thesis, will go on a healthy eating and exercise plan while i prepare for the viva. besides i read that you should gradually introduce change in diet and exercise.

J

You read my mind, Lara. I can get into my jeans, but it's not a pretty sight ;-). So today I had a tuna sandwich instead of a big Cornish pasty; tonight I'll be having some grapes instead of cookies. Let's see how long I can keep that up for...the trouble is, as soon as you think the word "diet" your brain screams "EAT!".

L

lol Juno, glad to know i am not the only one that feels like that! well i ruined my "healthy diet" for today! i had fried egg and toast. and then later on had 4 oreo cookies! but *boys look away - female talk approaching*....

******female issues*****

its nearing that time of the month and apparently women feel hungrier before that time, and something to do with an increased metabolish. so i'm totally blaming that! hah!

so yah my plan is to slowly start making healthier choices, like today i didnt put magarine on my toast. and i only had one bite of toast with abit of butter, just to taste it, but the rest of the toast were dry. although i did have one toast with melted cheese!

maybe we should have a diet thread and support each other to lose our thesis weight!

J

That diet thread is a good idea; so many people seem to pack on the PhD pounds. I reckon the crap summer this year hasn't helped, either; there's been no incentive to stay slim cos it's not like we could walk around in shorts.

Maybe we can give each other stars for each week we manage to stay on a healthy diet
(up)

L

sounds good to me! :-)(up) we can be all supportive and share with each other, what we have eaten for the day, the exercise we did and weight lost etc. and any diet tips/healthy eating plans we know of. (up)

V

I am considering whether or not to start a thread asking for advice when applying to PhD places.

S

have wasted an awful lot of time on this website...

http://www.giantmicrobes.com/

V

Those toys make me want to cry. :-(

they all have eyes ?:-)?

R

It's great, Smoobles! (up)