is anyone on the Christmas mood?

S

Christmas mood, anyone? :-)
suddenly I find myself in the mood, maybe its the free online Christmas radio I'm listening to or because the shops close later these days, I am really really looking forward to Christmas!

how's everybody :-)
love satchi

K

Hey Satchi! I sort of half am and half am not in the Christmas mood! I'm going to be in the office until Thursday, but it's really lonely here because there's been so much snow that the School has been closed down! And just to make things worse my car is trapped in front of my house at the bottom of two big hills that I can't get it up! Am hoping the snow and ice will have gone by Thursday or else I won't be able to get home for Christmas :(  Well, I could make my dad drive here with his nice big four wheel drive to pick me up in desperation I suppose! Oh well, on the bright side, this time last year I was in a wheelchair with a broken foot and nasty whiplash and back pain, so this year is looking rosier already! Am really looking forward to going home for 10 days though, I can't wait to spend time with my family and friends, it's ages since I've seen them properly! Hope you have a lovely Christmas! KB

N

I wasn't until yesterday really, but now I've started wrapping presents etc I'm getting into it more. I'm not a massive fan of Christmas but it's lovely to have a few days to chill out with my family and graze all day in front of rubbish TV! Last Christmas wasn't great for various reasons so want to enjoy it a bit more this year.

Good luck getting home KB, and have a lovely Christmas everyone (robin)

Nxx

S

hi keenbean hi natassia
yes KB I remember your foot last year :-)
do you start your car everyday? it will be also nice to be rescued by your dad :-) :-)

natassia I also bought small boxes of sweets (liquorice assortments, chocolates) etc. and wrapped those up as well!!! These are my stand-by presents. HAHA in case any one visits!!!

this is the weblink of the Christmas radios online http://www.shoutcast.com/radio/Christmas
I tried www.accuradio.com but the christmas channel is not working
there is another one 365.com, something like that but they only let you listen for some minutes :-)
when I get home, I put my speakers on and play the Christmas radio really loudly HAHAHA

have a wonderful day
love satchi

C

I kind of am. We had a house chrsitmas dinner last night, and my boyfriend has decorated the front room and the snow makes it all chrstmassy :-) But then I have to get a poster done for a conference first week in Jan, when I'd much rather be wrapping pressies, buying the last few things I have to get. I really can't afford to take any time off but am going to see family for about a week and it's going to be hard to sit down and do anty writing while away.

C

OOH and forgot I put a christmas hat on my picture!

D

I'm not at all. Haven't been back to see my family for ages due to awful weather so haven't put up any decorations and there aren't any really much here where I'm staying. Am at work until Christmas eve and it's really busy so no time for any fun. Snow is getting everywhere at the moment. Someone coughed on my head on the bus on the way home.

And to top it all I've just got home to find we have no water!!!

On the plus side, I am going to make mince pies tomorrow so that'll cheer me up immensely (gift)

W

I'm not in the Xmas mood either. It doesn't even feel particularly festive this year. Usually, I can sense it in the air, but there's definitely not chrimbo magic this year. Of course, it could just be me.

no :-( I tried - I put up our tree two days ago. But what with work and PhD and being completely skint and having to spend the day at my father in law's its a bit rubbish this year. Hopefully next year will be better!

======= Date Modified 20 Dec 2010 20:21:45 =======
I am in a nice chilled out way - I made some gift tags out of old Cristmas wrapping and loads of squished up glitter gule and that seemed to do it for me. And I put my mini Christmas tree up - my singular present is about half its size. My city - where I live - is really jolly and happy at the moment too, so shopping to today was good, lots of smiles and friendly banter. Plus I have my family under control, which helps a lot.

S

hi everyone
hmmm we seem to have a mix of moods and no-moods :-)
what do you do with those christmas cards if you make a mistake when you write them so they can't be sent?
well I've scribbled wrongly on 3 cards so far; if I use liquid paper on them they look awful, so can't send them; I've used them to decorate my living room !!!!

I think the best time to feel all Christmassy is in the early morning!!! yesterday morning I looked at the streets all white; it was so beautiful; no foot prints; no black ice; fresh air; and then later all the white became messed up. HAHAHA
love satchi

J

It isn't quite the same now the kids are older and therefore there is no santa, so I've stopped putting out stuff for Father Christmas and the Reindeer. However my middle daughter is getting a Hello kitty knitted toy- even though she is much too old to have it really - so I'm busy trying to finish that whilst doing some work. Pressies are all bought, as is all the food, and Christmas officially starts when I make the mince pies and sausage rolls whilst listening to the festival of nine lessons and carols on Christmas eve. With all the snow about its been a bit strange, and not very Christmassy really as people seem to hurry about so they can get home. I haven't fished out the decorations as that used to be my husband's job, but we have a few traditional things, like the games after dinner - those who cook take the dog, those who sat do the washing up! Try brussels sprouts in a leek and cheese sauce, a dish that my student daughter brought back from uni - they had a chef in their flat- it is really good! (mince)

S

hi Joyce
:-)
will you be roasting turkey too?
I will be with some friends on christmas day
3 more days!!!!

love satchi

A

I'm having an Eeyore christmas, with 5000 words to submit in early Jan. My OH can't believe the timing, and it's not helping having 3 pre-teenage children. Just trying to keep it all in perspective, and looking forward to the panto on Friday.

S

oh my I'm still in the mood :-)
I'm going to work until 3 or 4pm today, and then go out and stock up on goodies to put in my drawer (in my lab)
so that there're snacks, chocs and sweets when I come back after Christmas
:-) :-) :-)
2 more days!
love satchi