is anyone on the Christmas mood?

J

No turkey, everyone is veggie in the household. 'Sausage rolls' don't have real sausagemeat in them! When I cooked turkey for others I always cooked it on Christmas eve as someone told me once that there could be a loss of power on Christmas day when everyone else is trying to cook their turkey too so it would take longer to cook! It got a layer of mashed potato in the cavity, just about an cm or two, and then some quarters of orange, this created steam inside and together with bacon rashers on the outside, this resulted in juicy turkey.  (my sisters in law used to put theirs in overnight, as they thought this was necessary to kill any nasties, and ended up with something so dried up you could play football with it, but they thought that was how it should be). It cuts better cold, and once you have gravy on it, no-one can tell the difference. We are having mushrooms cooked in wine and winter spices in a choux pastry case, plus, as a tribute to Vic of Dibley Christmas special, as many different types of veg as you can fit on a plate.     :-):$

A

Hi Satchi :)

Usually I have so much Christmas cheer I could be mistaken for an elf, but this year not so much! I've been trying though, got the decorations up and made the pudding and have all my presents bought, even exchanged one with a friend yesterday, but it's just not happening really. I've got loads on my mind tho, submitted with viva in Jan but NO prospect of a job yet, my brother is away this year, relationship issues, friend issues and my dad is totally dosed which has everyone rather grumpy. But I am determined to be cheerful, I watched the Santa Clause earlier and I'm going to try and see as much of friends and family as possible, and I'm not going to worry a bit about the amount of chocolate and wine that will be consumed! I think I deserve it after the year I've had!

Actually, even writing this has made me more determined! Going to have a quick hour or two of viva prep, and then crack on with having fun :)

S

hi joyce, algaequeen
:-)
I'm listening to Taylor Swift's Santa Baby now :-)
whats your favourite christmas song?
be happy, be merry
love satchi

J

Dare I say anything Christmassy sung by a Welsh male voice choir! :$. In fact ANYTHING sung by them does it for me - must be my welsh ancestry I guess, that and watching the rugby.

C

Handel's Messiah for me.  CD is on loop.

A blast of "Hallelujah" when a nice sentence appears ... almost makes working over Christmas worthwhile.

N

It has to be Mariah Carey's 'All I want for Christmas'! I grew up in the 90s so quite like the tacky ones like East 17 'Stay Another Day' and the Spice Girls' ''2 become 1'. Yes I have no musical taste at christmas!!

S

hi natassia chuff joyce everybody!!!!
I love Mariah Carey and Spice Girls too!
I'm listening to it now...all I want for christmas is you.....

there's another one I like ; this one: "I'll be home for Christmas"
(robin)
One more day!!!!

love satchi

C

It's the classic carols for me - In the Bleak Midwinter and Silent Night!

Have a happy Christmas everyone!

S

does anyone like Rod Stewart? I just watched a youtube clip of him singing 'the way you look tonight'
I like it
:-)
another 3-and-a-half HOURS !!!!!
love satchi

I LOVE Rod Stewart - fab music and incredible dress sense and looks in the 70s. I JUST LOVE HIM.

W

I fell ill today, so now I'm really not feeling christmassy. I woke up with a really sore throat, feel chilled to the bone and I feel achy all over - even in my fingers. I just feel lethargic. What bad timing!

S

hi wally
I'm just back from midnight mass!!!!!
So sorry to hear you're not well, maybe you just need one day to recover
Get lots of rest, sleep, fluids, medication

IT's Christmas!!!! now 41 min past midnight!
merry christmas and get well soon wally
love satchi

B

======= Date Modified 04 Jan 2011 16:41:49 =======
============= Edited by a Moderator =============
======= Date Modified 04 Jan 2011 16:41:32 =======
============= Edited by a Moderator =============
I am really really looking forward to Christmas

**content removed by moderators - advertising**

S

Quote From bikanermarket:

I am really really looking forward to Christmas