Newbie says hi (waves shyly)

D

Hello all,
I've been doing my PhD now for about 4 months and have just started posting in the post grad forum but thought I'd say hi here. I am in the school of sociology/social policy on a CASE studentship with the ESRC.
I am a non traditional student with a hubby and kids and work mainly from home so feel very isolated a lot of the time. The PhD isnt quite what I expected and so far hasnt been as enjoyable as I thought but I am determined to see it through.
Hobbies errr reading, music (seeing Keane in a couple of weeks), gardening, bell ringing not much time for anything else
Interesting facts about me........none actually...well I met Phil Whyman and richard felix the day my BA results came out, thats as glamourous as it gets.
Hope you'll accept me into your community.
lol Dazed

I

Hi and Welcome Dazed! I'm feelin the loneliness thing (also do half my work at home) - this forum is welcome light relief, source of support (and regular work avoidance) for all

H

Hello and welcome, love the name

D

Welcome from me as well No need to be shy we wont bite, I promise

T

Yo

J

hello and welcome

J

I take it you like most haunted?

P

Hello

D

ooh did someone mention most haunted

P

Hello & welcome.

D

Thankyou for your hellos!!!!!
I used to be into Most Haunted when the lovely Phill was on board but havnt watched it for ages, have done a couple of ghost hunts though which have been fun.
Good to know I have some back up to walk the next three years with me...cheers guys,
xx

D

As another Most Haunted fan you're more than welcome... Damm Richard Felix, he has my ideal job, paid to study History and to go on Ghost hunts, lucky b*$&%rd!

D

When I met Mr Felix he confessed that historian was purely a title given to him by the TV company and that he has no formal qualification in this area. He is a gentleman and very kindly gave us an impromptu tour of derby gaol with Phil Whyman and Ian Lawman...I can guarentee the place is haunted...and I am a semi-sceptic!!! I got piccies and autographs sad monkey that I am...to be honest the degree result just paled into insignificance......may dig out a MH dvd this evening for old times sake.....

J

I love most haunted and think its terrible that Richard Felix has left the show. I can't see the point in it without him and Derek Acorah. My mum met Derek at a book signing, I couldn't go coz I was in uni but she got the book signed for me.

R

I was watching most haunted on one of those rare occasions, and through the night vision, you could see through dereks white trousers and that he was wearing a pink thong. I was unfortunately watching this with my daddy. Never again. Plus I think he's a bit cuckoo.