night time version of 'elevensies and high tea'

I

sylvester's day time rendez-vous might well be a good thing - but i'm proposing a post for night-owls and those of us who enjoy (or just need) a 'drink' in the dark hours. It's main function will be to serve as a platform to spout any old nonsense. Be as random as you like. A profound thought (original or quote) or a full-on rant.

The floor is yours...

P

My car got hailed on and now it has dents all over the roof and bonnet.

I

i wonder if it means anything in braille...?

P

I just ran my fingers over it and it says "This will cost you $800 in insurance excess to fix".

I

LOL - is there anything about erecting a carport?

love your sense of humour piglet. Did you emigrate or are you Aussie-born? (if you don't mind me asking?)

P

I was driving it at the time - no choice but to get hailed on when you are on a narrow country road.

I am Australian born and bred, long in the legs and thick in the head. You have to go a few generations back to find a non-Aussie-born person in my family.

I

"Unless you're willing to have a go, fail miserably, and have another go, success won't happen" (Phillip Adams - Left-wing journalist)

http://www.convictcreations.com/culture/wisdom.htm

I

OMG!! I did a google search for 'Australian wisdom' and found this cool site, so posted it (naturally...) Just spotted the url... i'm SO sorry (minus the wine i would have spotted the offensive address sooner - wasn't meant - lplease don't be mad )

P

There is nothing offensive about that! Don't worry. Tee hee.

And are you English born and bred, insomniac?

P

Guess my conversation was boring her

S

Presumably we call these sessions/thread "Hot chocolate and marshmallows" then?

P

I just can't believe I put an insomniac to sleep!

Good name idea, sylvester.

A

well my prefered night-time snack is a glass of whisky and a slice of cheese on toast - but 'hot chocolate and marshmallows' has a better ring to it.

P

Well, I just ate morning tea.

Cup of coffee...and I am ashamed to admit this...some of the high-energy bars that live at the back of our freezer that my boyfriend takes when he goes on 3-hour bike rides up mountains.

They are delicious - full of sugar, butter, peanuts, chocolate, peaunt butter, and sesame seeds. I should have saved time and stapled them straight onto my thighs, because they are going to make their way there anyway. I can feel my arteries hardening as I sit here.

This is not getting my final discussion written, is it?

I

Hot chocolate and marshmallows... mmm.

Anyone?