One for Mods: Have you tested this update in all browsers?

G

Re the blue box business....

1. Write a post.
2. Attempt to edit something in the middle (move the cursur to the middle of a sentence).
3. Ah it did it here (again), while I was attempting to edit the word cursor. Would you like a screenshot?

GP

please send a screenshot to info@p***G************.com cheers pete

Hi Golfpro, I've recreated the problem and have a possible solution. The problem is that Safari has a bug. I will work on the possible solution tomorrow but in the meantime you can simply scroll the screen up to access the text underneath the blue box or click 300px to the left or right from the box centre and scroll the cursor with the cursor keys to edit the text underneath. Thanks Pete (up)

======= Date Modified 20 Aug 2008 09:49:50 =======
============= Edited by a Moderator =============

Quote From golfpro:

Re the blue box business....

1. Write a post.
2. Attempt to edit something in the middle (move the cursur to the middle of a sentence).
3. Ah it did it here (again), while I was attempting to edit the word cursor. Would you like a screenshot?

GP

Safari should no longer have this problem. Thanks for your feedback.

G

Quote From pete:

Quote From golfpro:

======= Date Modified 17 05 2008 13:05:51 =======
Its just that I'm having 'some issues' on a Webcore based browser*. Specifically, the grey 'OK' box won't disappear for me. I have to navigate away from the page and then back.

* Safari 3.1.2

Thank you for this quality feedback. I've now fixed this problem, many thanks, Pete (up)

Are you sure you've fixed this? I'm still waiting upwards of 15 seconds for this grey OK box to disappear on submitting a post (if at all).

G

Quote From pete:

Quote From golfpro:

======= Date Modified 17 05 2008 13:05:51 =======
Its just that I'm having 'some issues' on a Webcore based browser*. Specifically, the grey 'OK' box won't disappear for me. I have to navigate away from the page and then back.

* Safari 3.1.2

Thank you for this quality feedback. I've now fixed this problem, many thanks, Pete (up)

Are you sure you've fixed this? I'm still waiting upwards of 15 seconds for this grey OK box to disappear on submitting a post (if at all).

Are you using a PC or Mac as I cannot recreate the pause on a PC using Safari 3.1.2?

R

It doesn't seem to be logging me off properly today - the text under my username next to the purple man shows me as 'online' when I'm not. If I try to post something, it tells me to login. I use Firefox 2.0.0.16, but it's not set to remember my login or password. I cleared my personal data, cookies etc but it's the same. I also had a look at the forum in IE 6 (the first time I've been to this site on this pc) and it shows me as online when I'm not on that too.

It's obviously not a big problem, but it's annoying been stuck in a sort of login limbo. (Also makes me look an even worse procrastinator than I thought I was!) Does it take a while to 'know' you've logged out or something?

There has been an alteration to the login process this morning which may explain the strange behavior you experienced.

You currently appear offline to me. Please try it again. I've tested the login process a few moments ago and it works fine on the same Firefox version as you. Thanks for the feedback.

G

======= Date Modified 26 Aug 2008 14:18:19 =======
OS X 10.5.4

Quote From golfpro:

======= Date Modified 26 Aug 2008 14:18:19 =======
OS X 10.5.4

I will investigate, cheers

R

Thank you Pete, it's behaving perfectly now!