Question Time With...

maybe you can dance in your clever clogs? provide a bit of percussion!

C

woe betide me, for my crime of quotients
ostracized, forlorn, preferred my absence
take thy cello from out my soul sneaks!
and thy lyrics from out my heart walmart!
woe betide this grim melancholy, accursed this unwritten melody!
forsaken in postdoc limbo
hope! hope! have ye departed me?
my viva remains, but what of my sanity!

W

Quote From cleverclogs:

woe betide me, for my crime of quotients
ostracized, forlorn, preferred my absence
take thy cello from out my soul sneaks!
and thy lyrics from out my heart walmart!
woe betide this grim melancholy, accursed this unwritten melody!
forsaken in postdoc limbo
hope! hope! have ye departed me?
my viva remains, but what of my sanity!

Blimey cleverclogs, you weren't joking about being so bloody damn clever! I can see why! http://www.teradepot.com/04sbz0t61qd8/clever_clogs_-_age_12_copy.jpg.html
;-)

C

Quote From walminskipeasucker:

Blimey cleverclogs, you weren't joking about being so bloody damn clever! I can see why! http://www.teradepot.com/04sbz0t61qd8/clever_clogs_-_age_12_copy.jpg.html
;-)

In jest: http://yfrog.com/66walmartoj

W

That is quite funny to be honest haha :-)

J

I have a very, very serious question...

How do they know that hairy mammoths were hairy??

M

Quote From jinkim65:

I have a very, very serious question...

How do they know that hairy mammoths were hairy??

Because a lot of mammoth carcasses were very well preserved, especially in ice. :-) Apparently the fur was up to a meter long! Just imagine trying to de-tangle that...

J

I googled it shortly after posting my question and realised mammoths were preserved in ice, not fossilised.

New question then...

How do they know dinosaurs were green?

Also, if T-Rex's were the most ferocious dinosaurs, why did they have such silly little arms. Surely that made life hard. Could you imagine scratching your head with those!?

M

Quote From jinkim65:

Also, if T-Rex's were the most ferocious dinosaurs, why did they have such silly little arms. Surely that made life hard. Could you imagine scratching your head with those!?

Maybe they were so ferocious because they had a really itchy back but couldn't scratch themselves?

Found it! I've been looking for this thread because I wanted to ask the chemistry bods..

How does Deep Heat work? Its not hot in the tube so its a mystery!

W

It's a rubifacient, so it works by increasing blood flow to the area of application, which therefore causes that area to warm up. It takes away pain via counter-irritation, since the nerves that carry pain also carry temperature sensation, so the nerves are blocked doing that.

S

======= Date Modified 31 Mar 2010 09:12:09 =======
============= Edited by a Moderator =============
-inappropriate content-

you're a genius Wal. How does the deep freeze gel work then?

Why has the 'doumentary film' 'Boob Envy' been on tv almost every night for the last three years?

W

Quote From sneaks:

you're a genius Wal. How does the deep freeze gel work then?

Right, deep freeze cream. I think it typically has menthol in it, which is a solid at room temperature but melts and evaporates at human body temperature. When the menthol evaporates it draws body heat away from where it is applied, which creates the sensation of cold. Now, the nerves the convey pain in your skin also convey pain signals, so like with the deep heat, you get counter irritation and it blocks them (because they're busy detecting the cold) from sending pain signals. So it works in sort of the same way.